A life-long resident of Port Coquitlam, Brad West was first elected to Council in 2008. He was re-elected in 2011 and 2014, receiving the most votes of all candidates both times.
As a Councillor, Brad has been a strong voice for Port Coquitlam residents. He has become well known as a dedicated and hard working representative of our community.
Brad is dedicated to ensuring PoCo continues to be a great place to live and raise a family. He is focused on the key issues important to you:
- Ensuring Port Coquitlam is the best place in BC to raise a family.
- Making life more affordable for everyone, especially working families and seniors.
- Respecting taxpayers with responsible financial management.
- Attracting more and diverse businesses and amenities to Port Coquitlam, especially our downtown.
- Promoting sports and recreation opportunities for young people.
- Enhancing our natural environment, rivers, trails and parks.
Brad has been a leader on City Council for 10 years by actively listening to the concerns of residents, bringing forward common sense solutions and never being afraid to stand up for our people. He has never forgotten who he works for: you.
Brad lives in PoCo with his wife Blaire. Last year the couple welcomed their first child, Liam. Becoming a Dad motivates Brad every day to make Port Coquitlam a place future generations will be proud to call home.
With a young son, a mortgage and the costs of raising a family, Brad understands first hand the challenges facing many people in our community. He is in touch with the lives of regular people because he is one.
He is a graduate of the University of Victoria, St. Francis Xavier University and recently completed a program in Leadership at Harvard University.
Brad has the leadership skills, ideas, experience and energy to build on our city’s strengths; take action on the challenges we face; and make Port Coquitlam an even better place to call home.